// // //

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ornament/Gift Card

Using 2 4" circle coasters, I made this ornament/gift card holder! I cut 2 red 4" circles using Cricut and then cut a chunk out of one coaster using the edge of the Big Shot envelope die (Stampin' Up) then cut a piece of whisper white to make the 'collar'. I cut the white 'fur' and put a paper belt on the ornament. If I make another one I am going to use some other color rather than black. I attached that to the back of the collar and then attached the gift card to the black card stock. After gluing just around the edge of the 2 coasters, the card and collar piece slides down between them. It is sturdy enough to be used as an ornament as well as a gift item. Hope you like it! I added a sprig of holly (silk leaves) and colored 3 little pearls with red ink and Crystal Effects for the berries! Until next post, Happy Stampin' & Scrappin' Nancy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Nancy---this is so nice, & yet, it looks fairly inexpensive to make, but a lovely gify. Thank you for a last minute gift idea!
Happy Holidays.

Christa G A.K.A. Camouse said...

What a clever and wonderful idea for gift cards!